MOUNTAIN ISLAND CHARTER SCHOOL IS COMMITTED TO HELP REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
MICS is committed to protect our students, faculty and staff. Please review the updated COVID-19 health and safety protocols HERE, which include the following procedures:
- Face coverings/masks are required for all individuals when indoors.
- Prior to arrival, monitor for symptoms at home and stay home if sick.
- Report any positive cases and exposures to Christine Hancock (email@example.com).
- Monitoring at home includes that staff and students must disclose (within the last 10 – 14 day period):
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who tested positive?
- Have you developed symptoms?
Maintaining Student Learning
The school has established plans per state bill 654 to maintain student learning remotely in the event of unexpected disruptions or emergencies this school year due to extreme weather, power outages or COVID-19. Click HERE for details and contact your child's school principal with any questions.
COVID-19 Policies from the State/DHHS
Click HERE for resources including:
- Strong Schools NC: Public Health Toolkit (K-12)
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing Procedures for K-12 Schools
- Key Updates Summary
MICS Counseling Team Instagram Page:
Be sure to follow the MICS Counseling Team Instagram page, micscounselingnc. The team posts daily as an additional way to encourage and support our school community.