Mountain Island Charter School (MICS) Facilities Rental Guidelines
Please email Lisa McConnell at email@example.com for all facility rental inquiries with the following information:
- Name of organization and contact name
- Date and Time (which includes set up and clean up) of the event
- Age of participants
- Anticipated number of spectators
- Purpose of the Event
- A copy of your certificate of insurance with MICS as the certificate holder
- Rental inquiries must be received a minimum of 10 business days before the requested date and a maximum of 3 months in advance of the requested date.
- Certificate of liability insurance: a copy of your group’s certificate of liability insurance must be provided prior to use of the facility. Specific requirements for liability insurance are outlined in the sublease insurance requirements section (Exhibit B). Certificate must be current at the time of your rental.
- Applicants will be notified of rental agreement decision within 7 business days following successful submission of a completed application.
- If approved, the applicant must pay the amount outlined in the fee schedule within 10 business days of contract approval or 2 business days before the start date, whichever comes first.
- MICS reserves the right to seek additional clarification on the intended use of facilities, refuse approval of an application, and cancel an approved use of a MICS facility within 1 hour of the scheduled event.
- Facility rentals during school hours or extending beyond 10:30 pm will not be approved.
- If you are looking to rent on a continuous basis, the rental agreement will be valid until June 30th of that year (as long as the renters are in arrears with Mountain Island Charter School).
- All renters will be required to fill out a new rental agreement beginning on July 1st.
- All rentals and dates requested are subject to change for one of the following reasons (MISC Athletic Event).
- Renters will be invoiced by our finance department, and fees are due 1 week prior to the date of the rental.
- If fees are not paid, the rental date will be forfeited.
- All rentals must have an approved on-site supervisor appointed by the school and to be paid for by the renter. At least $25/hour or a flat rate depending on the size of the event (to be negotiated between the supervisor and the renter).
- If a renter has a parent/participant on the team/club that is an “approved” on-site supervisor, then that approved on-site supervisor can donate his/her time.
- If the renter needs to reschedule or cancel for any reason, the renter must notify the rental coordinator and the on-site supervisor 24-48 hours in advance. If for any reason there is a reschedule/cancellation, and the on-site supervisor and the rental coordinator are notified, then your fee will be applied as a credit on a future rental date.
- If the renter does not show and the on-site supervisor and rental coordinator are not notified, the renter will be forfeit their fee to Mountain Island Charter School.
- Once the renter agrees to the fee then the rental agreement will be sent to the renter that includes, the date/time requested or an alternative one if the original date/time is not available.